The Doug and Fran MacDonald Langley Hospice Residence
(Co-operated by Fraser Health and the Langley Hospice Society)
- is a free-standing home-like environment with 10 beds in private rooms, where individuals receive care from medical staff aimed at relieving symptoms associated with a life-limiting illnesses rather than offering a cure
- offers twenty-four hour compassionate care for the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of the patient while supporting family members and friends
- is located at 22008 – 52nd Avenue in Langley, just behind the Langley Memorial Hospital grounds. Phone: 604.514.7464.
- is co-operated by Fraser Health and the Langley Hospice Society. Fraser Health owns the land and is responsible for clinical care operations and the facility management operations; Langley Hospice Society owns the building and leases the land from Fraser Health, and manages the hospitality services including dietary services, housekeeping and laundry, general maintenance and non-clinical elements of care and support.
- has a per diem for care, set by the provincial government.If this causes a financial difficulty, individuals may request a financial assessment from a palliative social worker
For admission to a hospice residence, patients must
- be registered with BC Palliative Care Benefits Program
- have care needs that cannot be supported in community
- have a life expectancy of less than six months
- agree to a NO CPR order (aka DNR – Do Not Resuscitate order)
- agree to hospice philosophy of care which is comfort care, not curative care
- the hospice palliative care services can be accessed by calling the Home Health Service Line at 1.855.412.2121.
- staff is available to take calls seven days a week from 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- anyone can refer on someone’s behalf including the patient/client